INFORMATION on probiotics
WHAT ARE MICROBIOTICS?
This set of microorganisms in our body is called the microbiota (also known as microbial flora), and it is made up mainly of bacteria, viruses and fungi.
The total microbiome is made up of the microbiota of the gastrointestinal tract, nasopharynx, skin, vagina, etc., since there are microorganisms in all organs and systems of the human body.
The intestinal microbiota is where different species coexist in harmony.
This microbial balance can be broken by several factors:
And it is related to diseases such as:
- Obesity Digestive pathologies
- Skin diseases
WHAT ARE PROBIOTICS?
Probiotics are, according to the definition of the WHO (World Health Organization), live micro-organisms that have beneficial effects on the health of the person who ingests them. These micro-organisms are naturally present in certain foods (especially fermented foods such as yogurt) and can be incorporated into the formulation of food supplements, being used as a treatment for many diseases.
WHAT IS A PROBIOTIC FOR AND WHAT ARE ITS BENEFITS?
1. They are modulators of the intestinal microbiota:"They correct" the changes or alterations produced in the intestinal flora due to external factors, such as the consumption of antibiotics or diseases.
2. Treatments for digestive symptoms:Clinical studies show the efficacy of probiotics in digestive symptoms such as diarrhea and constipation.
3. Strengthens the immune system: It prevents skin diseases, improves the absorption of nutrients and helps prevent food allergies, among others.
4. No side effects: Side effects rarely occur from the intake of probiotics, only in some cases you can get a slight abdominal and intestinal discomfort during the first days of taking, due to the changes that probiotic strains produce in the gut microbiota
At Bioithas, the composition of its probiotic-based food supplements has been designed based on scientific results obtained in clinical trials, selecting the most suitable microbial species. All Bioithas Probiotics products have proven clinical indications.
Bioithas DermaBioithas Derma:
Contains live probiotics and biotin, which contributes to the maintenance of the skin under normal conditions
Contains live probiotics and calcium, which contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes
Bioithas ImmuneBioithas Immune:
Contains live probiotics and vitamin C, which contributes to the normal function of the immune system
Bioithas MucosaBioithas Mucosa:
Contains live probiotic bacteria and biotin, which contributes to the maintenance of mucous membranes under normal conditions
You must bear in mind that taking probiotics is a complementary tool, so they are neither exclusive nor substitute for maintaining a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.